This blog explains the technology that powers broadband Internet, and how it helps to have it at your home or office.
For most of us, our home and work lives are simplified by the use of the Internet across a variety of devices. From something as basic as paying a utility bill or watching a live cricket match on your phone, to booking your annual holiday to filing your tax returns, the Internet facilitates a variety of functionalities that make life much easier.
In terms of office or home use, the Internet can do everything – from powering the use of the TV set (if you have a smart TV, you can just plug in your Internet TV device, for example) or run your desktop computer for work. Most people are taking broadband Internet connections for the home and office – and this is a smart choice, given the various benefits that it offers.
Why use a broadband Internet connection?
So what really, is a broadband connection? Let’s put it this way: it is an Internet connection that uses a wide spectrum landline but where you don’t need to cut an ongoing telephone call to connect to the Internet. In contrast, you have to terminate the ongoing phone call to connect to the worldwide web – this is because it is a narrow band connection that cannot handle both functions at the same time. A broadband Internet connection, by virtue of having a wider spectrum, can perform both these tasks simultaneously. Besides, it can help you connect many devices at the same time, without losing any data transmission speeds or network coverage.
Broadband Internet connections also offer faster speeds than regular dial-up connections. This helps you stay connected all the time, and also upload and download data rapidly without time loss.
Every mobile service provider today offers broadband connections for the home or office. But only leading ones like Airtel have the best broadband plans to offer across major cities in the country.
Airtel broadband – faster, better, superior
Instead of trawling through endless broadband plans across different service providers, just log on to the Airtel website or myAirtel app on your phone. Once there, you can check their current broadband Internet plans for your city of residence. With an Airtel broadband Internet connection, you get –
- Amazingly fast speeds. An Ookla test for data speeds shows that Airtel broadband has speeds of 100 Mbps or higher at any given point in time.
- Always-on connectivity. Airtel’s huge pan India presence ensures that the network coverage is comprehensive and real time.
- The ability to connect up to 10 devices on a single Airtel Wi-Fi hotspot without any loss of speeds or network coverage.
- The only service provider with the best ever V-fiber technology. It gives you 99% uptime at all times.
- Negligible time lag between uploads and downloads on any device.
- A range of broadband Internet plans, which might differ from city to city. For example, if you live in Gurgaon, then Airtel broadband has four plans priced at Rs 899 to Rs 2,199. These offer speeds ranging from 40 Mbps to 300 Mbps, and data bandwidth ranging from 150 GB to 1200 GB. Plus, you also get data rollover facility every month, as also a free Amazon Prime subscription for one year.
- The broadband Internet connection is designed for monthly consumption, and not for the duration of time that you are connected.
With Airtel broadband, you can enjoy the best ever speeds and excellent customer support every step of the way.